Thursday 4 June 2009

Convention... Saturday.... Learning sooooooooo Much!!!

Well Saturday was another great day.... as far as convention goes... We were feed with all sorts of information again!!! Had a few giggles with the Demonstrators on stage as they had foot n Mouth too it seems.. Not anywhere near as bad as me.. but a slight form of it... I Loved some of the witty sayings that I learned too...

Some great projects that were demonstrated were things like the Bag topper... I've made a few.. I will Blog them soon...Flower Bag TopperOne idea I loved was if the you host a workshop more than once in a year you are able to choose a stamp ink pad (your colour choice) in place of receiving a Catalogue... I am adopting that now.. I like the idea.. Not only does it help keep consistency in my random gifts because I want to give repeat hostesses something.. but it is great!!! Who doesn't want to collect all the ink pads??? I think this was learned from Marelle Taylor (Demonstrator Presenter form Dandas Vally NSW)

I also learned the Colour Wheel is a great tool.... I must get me one!!! Never used it myself... It takes the guessing out of What colour goes with what...

I learned that you can fold the DSP back on the Sunny boy twist boxes.. and not only does it looks great, but it reinforces it and you don't have to glue it closed.. It makes it reusable!! Some people are just so clever!!!
I loved the suggestion to have all workshop attendees close their eyes when you talk about Hostess benefits... as they are not able to purchase the Hostess sets.. Only a Hostess is able to get them for receiving sales at her workshop... That made me giggle... I have to practice that one so it comes as naturally as it does to Pam Morgan (Vice President, Demonstrator Services and Development form U.S).. Who I might say is a real card!!! She has the best one liners.. I am sure her workshops are great fun!!

Did you know that we have a lip stamp??? We all have one... Yes we do... all you have to do is apply some lip-gloss to your own lips.. Kiss the card and sprinkle heat and stick powder, heat then add dazzling Diamonds... and Whala.. Beautiful sparkly kiss stamps!!! This was a great thing that was taught to us by Shannon West (Training Event Facilitator from U.S)your lips are a stamp I also loved Shannon’s Twilight card... It had 'Together Forever" on the outside with black, red and white.. and lots of Dazzling Diamonds glitter... then inside it said. and ever.. flip over the page and EVER flip over the page and ever!!! What a crack up.. soooooooo Edward!!!Twilight card - with glitter and allI loved Nicky Tidbold's Presentation (Demonstrator Presenter from Loganholme QLD) She had made up these fabulous visual boards with things you can do to make great cards for boys... With the techniques and accessories you can use in your cards... Visual Boards - cards for boys - techniques and accessories you can use in your cards... I'm gonna CASE that one!! Cause I have been meaning to do a class for ages on BOYS Cards... It seems to be something we all struggle with!!! Girl cards are just so easy!!! So be prepared for that one... It's in the making.. I am dreaming it up as we speak....

I loved Ngaire Anderson's Presentation (Demonstrator from Kingsly WA) ... She showed us how to use the punches more effectively... I Loved the scallop punch frame... I have used that in a card or two for our recent Monthly PaperANGEL challenge... It is a great one... I’ve not use yet in a workshop... One day yes one day it will happen. Poor Ngaire was soooooooo nervous!! Her hands were shaking.. But how lovely is she??? Soooo Humble.. I reccon she would be a lovely up line..
Punches used more EffectivleyI haven't even mentioned half the demonstrations (or demonstrators) and the billions of things I learned at convention.. but I could go on about that forever... However I will leave more details for the slow revealing at workshops… Now I will blog about the most wonderful of all things!!! Saturday night... Awards Night & Recognition Banquet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handcrafted by Ursula's Fan Box

Pinterest