Monday 25 January 2010

Creative Mediums that inspire me...


Last year I was nominated for an Australia Day Awards night...
Because of the nomination I was invited along with some guests to go to the dinner and awards night.. there must have been at least 200 people in attendance... It was a lovely night... The food was great the company grand and the decorations were very Australian... Lovely... There were 60 nominations in various categories....

I am very humbled and a little embarrassed to have been nominated.. but mostly grateful that I can do something to help out in some small way.. One never sets out to receive recognition for things you do... I heard this from almost all of the winners in each category of nominations on the night and it really does ring true for me!!! Most of what I do with the PaperANGELS, Community wise and with QPAC Choir is because I LOVE IT!!! Because it is an escape from the real world and lifts me up from the woes of life... It fills the well and allows me to be a better person so that I can give more of myself to my loved ones....

I was nominated for fundraising events with PaperANGELS for the Marter Mothers... and The Arty Farty Morning Tea Party.... The tour to Singapore with the Queensland Festival Chorus... and other things that I do at church or with the community relating to craft and sharing of the talents the Lord has blessed me with... Because of the influence and support of each one of the PaperANGELS Team I would not have been able to do half of the things I have over the last few years... I am grateful to all of them and mostly to Liz (who came with me on the night & didn't want photos of herself!!!)
And I am extremely grateful for my involvement with such a wonderful Choir... and a TOTALLY AMAZING Choir Conductor Alison Rogers... Music communicates when there is no words or when Language is a barrier... It touches the soul and enriches your life... It moves people in ways that words alone would never do... I believe that it is the language of the Angels!!! And I am ETERNALLY Grateful to have it in my life.. and to be exploring, learning and creating through this medium! What a blessing it has been to my family's life in 2009! I can only hope that it will continue to be such a huge part of our families life for years to come!!!

In recognition of our nomination all nominees received a framed certificate and had to do a walk on the stage.. which frightened the life out of me!!! Get me up there to sing or act.. no problem.. perhaps a few nerves... but it is not imposable.... but to stand and just be me... phew.. that is hard... especially when you feel that it's all a bit of a fuss... being recognised for the little something you were able to give back when so many wonderful people and organisations had given to you over the past few years... I was humbled and honored to be there.. And very grateful to have Liz there with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handcrafted by Ursula's Fan Box

Pinterest