Friday 27 July 2018

Using Scraps - Card Making


SCRAPS... Man I have HEAPS!!!.. So last year I made many of my classes FOCUS on Using up some scraps..

here is how I organise my scraps.... I have folders of coloured card stock... Scrap bits... and some retired colours... all in PVC envelopes sorted into individual colours and close ish colours...

 

 I have a 12' X 12' BOX FULL of scrap DSP... if it is less then a 6' the bits go in there... and sometimes it can be a real nightmare to find something you may like to use... so then I can do this to help more..





SO then If you want to be kind to your customers.. or save yourself a little bit of a head ache... you can further sort your scraps into colour PVC folders... this is an example of a folder that I sorted into pink and purples... It makes it MUCH easier to find a colour you may be looking for when you have gone to this extent.. But I must warn you.. this kind of thing is VERY time consuming... It takes forever!!! SO just do a little at a time.. otherwise your will have scrap sorting burn out!!!


Then you can easily pair your card stock with your DSP scraps to match...

Here's another sorted PVC folder I did ages ago... with neutral colours..

This sorting makes it super easy for you and your customers to make up a card that you have a sample of for them to copy... and they can choose their own.. And it REALLY is a HIT!!



Here are the example of the two cards that were made from these scrap colour combos...


The only limitation is ones imagination!!

GO forth and be TOTALLY creative!!

Oh and I have a scrap container of ribbon also.. everyone loves picking through that to see what ribbon they will use..

Here's some more SCRAPPY inspiration...











I hope these inspired you to use those scraps more..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handcrafted by Ursula's Fan Box

Pinterest