Tuesday 17 May 2011

Melbourne 2011 Stampin' UP! Convention - Swaps

This was the design of one of my swaps  that I created for Convention... Inspiration for this lovely card was from Catherine Pooler from the USA... Again I went to my dear friend Google for some inspiration and he knows just what to show me to inspire me!!!

I down sized it compared with Catherine's but used the same Embedded Embossing technique that she used on her card design. Basically how you do this is cut out all your bits of card stock and DSP and glue them all together then run them through your Big Shot and it will mush all the layers together making it seem like they were all one piece of the same card stock... It's a really cool effect!!!

I also had no Newsprint DSP so I repeated one of the quote stamps from Occasional Quotes (hostess level 3 stamp set) to make it look like the DSP... It's a really AWESOME way to create loads of Newspaper Print looking card. Especially when you are MASS producing the same design...

Embedded Embossing technique Card

Convention was AWESOME and I received so many FANTASTIC swaps... I will be taking photos over the next few days and posting them.. along with writing up some of the FANTASTIC specials that were announced at convention...

I can't believe some of them.. Stampin' Up! is such a generous company!!!!

Oh yeah we got heaps of sneak peeks of some of next years stamp set... DSP papers.. In Colors... Fabric and soooooooooooo much more... If you would like to see some of these the only way is to come on over or book a workshop in the next little while... as we are not allowed to post pictures until later on this year... And if you are like me you want the gossip NOW!!!!

Looking forward to hearing form you soon..

Love Ursula

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handcrafted by Ursula's Fan Box

Pinterest