Saturday 7 February 2009

Because we are Brothers....

Because we are Brothers - Mini AlbumI wrote a poem ("Because we are Brothers") to go with some photos that I have taken of the boys over time... My boys love to look at the photo albums.. but sometimes getting the big one (12x12) out is a little awkward!!! So I decided to make a small one.. As I am a big believer in recycling I had saved all the card backing from our stamping technique booklets... And covered them with some of our Prints Designer Series papers... (Old Olive and Brilliant Blue.... My boys colours are blue and green...) As the pages are small I printed out the photos in black and white and half the size of an 4x6 photo... Most photo places will allow you to do this with digital prints these days... Sometimes that service costs extra money so if you want to be thrifty find someone with a photo editing program... (I think you can even get a free one on line... to do this job) and save both photos onto a 6x4 .jpg template and combine them to make one photo...

We Have the Same last NameWe play hte same GamesHave Similar HairShow that we carewe love our Grandpa
We Love our GranThe kids absolutely love this album.. And are so proud of it.. It is going to School for 'show and tell'... It's easy for them to handle and you can leave it on display.... It would be a great pressie for someone too!!! But not this one.. blood Sweat and tears went into it!!! It is not finished yet.. I have to buy some more ribbon and I have heaps more verses (I shortened these verses a little form the original as they were wordy... Cutting out the individual words WAS a great idea.. but very 'Fussy La La!'..
It's great to bind it with the curtain rings as you can add and subtract pages as needed!!!..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handcrafted by Ursula's Fan Box

Pinterest