Friday 20 July 2012

BOYS - Need for SPEED

Boys.....???? Do the have a Need for Speeeeeeeeed????
Being that I am a mother of two very active healty boys... I would have to say a big YES!!!!
But they really do love this stamp set and these cards I made with them.... I only need to perfect the colouring in now and I will be more happy.... with them...

I couloured with my inkpads and an aqua painter pen.... and found that when you emboss over them with clear embossing it makes the colours POP!!! And they look great!!!

Circles of Card Stock Cards - Male Cards

Also if you have a whole lot of scraps; like I do... (I just can't throw them away) or you feel like creating your own background paper you can take your different size circle punches (I used 1/2", 3/4", 1" and 1-1/4" punches) and punch your little heart out.... then grab them all and throw them down on a white piece of A4 (seriously that is EXACTLY what I did). Then maybe do a little "arranging" .... then stick them all in place with a 2 Way Glue Pen.... This creates a FANTASTIC and interesting background for boys/male cards!!! I made these 6 cards out of the one piece of A4 with the circles on.... by cutting it up after I had created the whole A4 page...

Male Gate Fold Red Car CardWhile I was making these ones with one of my friends she showed me a card she had recently created and I thought it was great so I quickly grabbed a piece of card stock that was on the table (didn't feel like getting up at the time... my creative space is always so FULL OF STUFF when I am in the middle or at the end of a good session....) and a piece of DSP and wiped this card up... I'm not particularly happy with it but it's good for keeping the idea in my head for a little while at least.... :)

Male Gate Fold Red Car Card Open

The car embelishment is not attached to the DSP on the right side so that the gate fold card stock can go under it.. and the DSP helps to keep the gate folded card together more... it's an alternative to a Belly band... Not too bad...

Happy (Speedy boy) Creating ^_*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Handcrafted by Ursula's Fan Box

Pinterest