Sunday 24 June 2012

Faux Etched Stone Technique

Faux Etched Stone Technique Card

I found this cool Technique in a recent Scrapbooking Mag... Once I saw it I just had to try it and although I did not have exactly what the Magazine said was needed to produce this stunning technique I improvised with all of my Stampin Up! products...

1. I lightly dirtied up the Crumb Cake or Sahara Sand card stock with a couple of sponges with Choc Chip and Espresso ink...
2. I spritzed with the same colours in reinkers mixed with a little water in a spritz bottle...
3. Then I took a length of the Lace Ribbon Border and placed it onto the card down the bottom and using my Versa Mark I covered the entire thing with Versa Mark...
4. I removed the Lace Border strip and I then sprinkled clear embossing powder on and heated...
5. I took some White Craft ink on a sponge and lightly rubbed over the part that was not covered in embossing to make the pattern look like it has been cut out of the stone.
6. then I took a clean tissue and wipe any excess craft ink off of the embossed part of the card...

You can also achieve a really different look with dry embossing.. but instead of placing Versa Mark directly on to the card stock you can brayer it onto your embossing folder and run it through the Big Shot.. make sure that the ink is on the flat side of the embossing folder... and that it is quite well coated!! or if you have a fairly steady hand you can lightly rub the Versa Mark onto the Dry Embossed card stock and then emboss with Clear powder.

Faux Etched Stone Technique Card and Card Fronts

it is quite a time consuming technique but well worth it... I think it would lend itself to Male Cards quite well!!!

Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Handcrafted by Ursula's Fan Box

Pinterest