Saturday 23 June 2012

Beau Chateau Pencil Case

I LOVE Stampin Up! Designer Fabric.. How BEAUTIFUL is it??? I always want to make something that is gorgeous and that will last with this material because of how stunning it is!!! So I got this fantastic idea... (which took me at least 3 months to put into action) when Kim came over with her beautiful daughter in the beginning of this year to make and design some custom made pencil cases for herself and some of her school friends...It's hard when you go to a school with strict uniform to individualize... and one way you can achieve this is to make your own accessories....

Beau Chateau Fabric is sooooooooooo feminine!!! I LOVE it!!! So with the idea of making myself a pencil case I went ahead and made me this one... I didn't want to use too much of the fabric so i recycled my old jeans and used them for the inside fabric... I also thought that they would be quite strong and give the pencil case a little extra strength... I lined the Beau Chateau Fabric with some felt... again to give it some strength...

Pencil Case Stampin Up Designer Fabric
Front of Pencil Case Stampin Up Designer Fabric

I made some lovely little bows and a little rose flower and hand sewed them on to decorate the outside.... I also used one of the lovely key charms from the last mini catalogue for an extra accent...

Inside the Pencil Case made from Stampin Up Designer FabricI made a big pocket to put all of the essentials in for when you travel with your kits or go to a class... as you can see it will fit in all your different adhesives tools and accessories....  just to make it extra feminine I added some lovely little decorative buttons and some more ribbon to the opening of the pocket...
The Lg Pocket of my Pencil Case - Stampin Up Designer Fabric


And because I wanted to make sure that I had enough room for HEAPS of pen's, pencils, craft knives, piercers, bone folders, Aqua Painter pens and so much more... I added heaps of little individual pockets to accommodate all of these and more!!!




The Pen Pocket in my Pencil Case - Stampin Up Designer Fabric
All in all I am quite happy with my lovely pencil case and I believe I have something really nice to keep for quite some time...

I hope this inspires you to see what else you can do with the Designer Fabrics....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Handcrafted by Ursula's Fan Box

Pinterest