Tuesday 5 June 2007

Thursday Night Craft Classes



I have a permanent class running of a Thursday night & this last Thursday night my ladies wanted to do some boy birthday cards. So I borrowed the “Play Ball” stamp set from Liz… Thank you Liz!… With my first card I did a variation on the paper angels meeting card and then I designed 2 other boy cards. One of the ladies nephew is turning 7 this week and I came up with one really simple design the soccer one … which is quite affective. And the foot ball one is more fiddly but…. I love the foot ball one.. Again some inspiration from Liz’s card’s that move.

Materials Used:- Soccer card… Black, White & Red card stock (not stamping up… um mar) Basic Black ink pad. And Happy birthday stamp not Stamping up either. (I will have them… yes I will!!! Eventually.)

Football Card… Light and Dark Brown, Cream & Blue card stock (not stamping up… I have loads of my own collection to use!!!) (Stamping up colours Choc Chip, Basic Brown, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla) Wonderful words and Play Ball stamp sets… Leg dirtied and coloured sock with Stampin’ Pastels and Blender Pen. Shoe cut out of black and Faun card and layered… (SU.. similar Creamy Caramel)
I stamped the inside of the card with the football stamp really lightly... To get it this light I stamped it on blotting paper 2 times before I stamped it on the cream paper insert... Gives the impression that the ball is flying through the air...

Post note.. I had to make the football card again because the inside ripped when I stuck it in.. Can't have daggy looking stuff on the blog!!! Has to be perfect.. And because one of my friends said she didn't much like my football leg... Well I just left it out then didn't I... I will however take a photo of it at a later date cause it is a cute idea... I'm all for sharing ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handcrafted by Ursula's Fan Box

Pinterest