Sunday 26 August 2012

Antique Embossing

Antique Embossing Wedding Page Back in the day when we used to be able to kiss on the lips without thinking... ummm.. I may be sick.. (Hubbie has an Immune disease and gets germs and infections REALLY quickly)
Arrrhhh they were the days!!! So young so in love and so much promise for the future... Isn't it wonderful how everything only gets better with age!!!??

I saw a lovely project at convention this year (2012) and it had an antique embossing look... So I went home and recreated the look with my own twist... of course...

I took a piece of Pool Party card stock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Labels Collection Framelits dies and then dry embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Folder...
Antique Embossing Embellishment Close Up

Then I daubered gold ink or Versa Mark, making sure that I left a little bit of the blue showing through... then I embossed with gold embossing powder.. Then I made it a little more 'dirty' looking by daubering some Early Espresso ink on some places... Adding the glorious Antique Brad just finishes the antique look...

Antique Embossing Embellishment LettersI cut some chip board out with my Simple Letters Alphabet dies and then Versa Marked them and gold embossed... then I took a flourish stamp and inked it up with Versa Mark and stamped on top of the gold embossed letter and then sprinkled black embossing powder on and heated...

To do the strips I took Black card stock, dry embossed and then daubered gold ink and embossed with gold embossing powder...

I hope this gives you some ideas on how to make your projects look antique... It would be wonderful for your heritage photos...

Enjoy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handcrafted by Ursula's Fan Box

Pinterest