Sunday 27 May 2012

KENG Cards... Jan - March 2012

What a lovely group of ladies I have to opportunity to teach at our weekly KENG Card Class...!!!

I love teaching them new things.. some days we do really simple cards and other times we create more difficult cards... Here is a few of the cards that we have done this year....

Community Class Cards Made Jan to March 2012

This BEAUTIFUL card I found on Google pictures looking for "boy cards"... I realised last month that I don't really do boys cards that much... So I am on a massive drive to make more boy/male cards!! And I found this BEAUTIFUL Hobby Horse card... It was so gorgeous I just had to recreate it!!! And it was a huge success at Craft!!! They loved it!!! Although I have created it for a male card you would have no trouble giving this lovely card to any child!! What a ingenious way to use the Christmas Sock stamps and Punch!!!

Hobby Horse Card

This card was inspired by a swap that I received from 2011 Convention.. I was not really sure how the original was created but how I created the rainbow effect was to use sponge daubers with ink pads after I had dry embossed my white card stock... and the butterfly was stamped with my own ink pad created with a wet one and drops of different coloured re-inkers...

Butterfly and Rainbows

The top card here I made at Tuesday Craft group with Liz and I thought it was so lovely that I recreated it with substituted stamps (because I don't own the ones Liz used).. and again... it was loved

Shabby Chic Birthday Card

Paper ANGELS have had 2 group swaps this year... And we have been so blessed to receive some wonderful swaps... The quality is of the highest standard!!! I was really stuck for some ideas and had a quick look through my last lot of swaps... And even thought I helped Zina to make some of her swaps I felt it was VERY worthy of sharing with KENG ladies.... The top one is Zina's and the bottom one is my take on it...

Shabby Chic Unbrella

Most of the time when I teach something I am amazed at the ladies individual take on a card.. or their talent in an area that I am not so gifted... or perhaps not taking the time to do when teaching... You know you got to try and make it look easy... and I also like to have things made fast... the less fussy la la the better...  So here you can see one of our cards that we made with water color crayons colouring... We stamped the flower image in white craft ink... and then used the aqua paint pens to colour in... well by the end of the lesson a few of the ladies had taken a little extra time to colour in and add details... and I was AMAZED at their talent... I managed to take a photo of Michelle's card.. Wonderful skills!!!!

Watercolour Painting Flowers Card

Mothers Day is a special day for lots of people... I was blessed to Do this bottom card for the Young Women Loral group in our church.. and also for KENG ladies... and the top one was for the boys a girls in Activities Days (8 to11 year olds) in our church... They all did such a wonderful job!!!

Mothers Day Cards

This card here is quite cool... again trying to come up with some male card designs.. Michelle and I were playing together one day.. creating some cards.. and we had a brain storm of making a Tyre stack... only we could not figure out how to do it... so again I went to my friend Google images.. via my phone... and found some pictures of Tyre stacks... I found a clip art picture that gave us this idea... we cut a 7cm x 7.5cm black square and took the butterfly punch to take out the little triangle bits between the Tires... Then we used the 2-1/2" circle punch to cut out the full tire and popped out the center of it with a 1-1/4" circle punch, stuck some white card behind it and then glued a silver Doily Triple Layer.. And whalah.. It is looking like a Tyre.. only it needed some tread... so I went on a search of all my stamp sets to look for something that looked like tread... and would you believe it one of my Sale-A-Bration sets were PERFECT!!! We used the edge of the stamp to do the side tracks... and flat on was great for the Tyre pile...

Stack of Tyres - Male Card

If you are looking for some more inspiration get yourself to a craft group... and spend some time with inspirational people!!! It's great fun.... or come along to a Class....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Handcrafted by Ursula's Fan Box

Pinterest